Saturday

Happiness is a warm gun

With an initial set of prints to work with I go back to my sketch book and a rough plan ‘loosely’ based on the movie ‘Man Who Fell to Earth’ which includes various props such as revolvers and alcohol which I originally had painted white then left out completely.

A recent trip to Musée d'Art Moderne last month I saw Bernard Buffet’s ‘Nature morte au révolver’ which made me reconsider maybe leaving them in.

The black on white contrast of the painting made me rethink my ‘white washing’ process which I use to cut up forms, maybe the opposite was needed? Certainly the costume still needs further darkening and I rather like the more sinister direction this could take the project...

Creative Commons Licence
Unless otherwise noted, copyright of all artworks remains with the artist Hilton Vasey is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.